Biomedical Engineering Entrepreneurship Academy,
|Event:||Biomedical Engineering Entrepreneurship Academy|
|Description:||The second annual BMEA takes place July 11-13, 2012 at UC Davis. The academy is a three-day intensive program integrating lecture, exercises, and individual projects. Participants work to identify, design, and validate new business opportunities for their research. Sessions are taught by venture capitalists, angel investors, entrepreneurs and industry executives.
The academy includes:
* a three-day intensive on exploring the market opportunities surrounding your ideas and your research
* daily seminars and interactive sessions taught by leading venture capitalists, angel investors, and entrepreneurs
* the tools to communicate the broader potential of your research and develop a presentation pitch about your idea
* evening mentoring sessions with industry executives and investors in the biomedical engineering arena
* opportunity to develop a network of professionals in the biomedical and bioengineering fields who can help mentor and connect you as you move forward with your career or new venture.
|Starting date:||7/11/2012 Ending date: 7/13/2012|
|Starting time:||8:00 AM Ending time: 9:00 PM|
|Location:||UC Davis Conference Center|
Child Family Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
UC Davis Biomedical Engineering Department, Novartis, SMUD
Contact if questions about this event:
|Contact name:||Niki Davisson|